Laxbackers: Supporting UMass Men’s Lacrosse
Since the UMASS LaxBacker’s inception in the fall of 2001, we are pleased to report that we have raised over $500,000 for the men’s varsity lacrosse program. Our alumni, family & friends have shown remarkable support for the program, which has resulted in a newfound pride for UMass Lacrosse and unprecedented success.
For the past sixteen years, the proceeds raised have been used to:
- Provide commemorative watches to the 2001 seniors and the 2002 NCAA quarterfinalist team
- Award the 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2012 squads with team picture/accomplishment plaques
- Purchased the Championship Rings for the 2006 team
- Digital video viewing/editing software that has enhanced video breakdown for the coaching staff
- Provide extra funding for team travel – meals on and off campus for the players
- Contribute funds for alumni events/awards/banquets/BBQs
- Wind wrap branding at the base of the bleachers and around the fence on top of the hill, and on the North fence, which depicts past players and shows our programs success over the years
- New HD video camera to help us enhance scouting, film quality and teaching / new TCs
- Flights in 2012 to play @ Ohio State, in 2013 to Atlanta to play UNC, in 2014 to Jacksonville to play Ohio State, in 2015 to play at UNC, in 2017 to play at Ohio State
- All fall travel in these years, associated with fall scrimmages – meals, hotels, buses
- New team practice/game jerseys and shorts
- Newly constructed locker room – new wood lockers / drop ceiling / improved lighting / branding
- Branding in new offices and film room
- A great new field grass surface on Garber Field
The UMASS LaxBacker Committee would like to thank all those that have contributed to the Annual LaxBacker Fund, expressing their true support of the program. With the remarkable support shown by ouralumni for the LaxBackers over the last 16 years, it is obvious that we have just scratched the surface of potential for this organization. The LaxBacker funds offset costs associated to the TEAM – that are not covered by our operating budget from the University.
You can make a difference in the current team’s experience at UMass by contributing to the LaxBacker Fund. Yearly membership fees will allow us to have a steady stream of annual revenue that will enable the LaxBackers to sponsor events each year for our players, families, alumni and friends, while ultimately instilling pride and belonging to your program.
Our levels of donating are:
To set up an ongoing gift with recurring payments, please click here.
Click here to receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
To learn more about UMass Lacrosse and UMass Athletics, click here.