College of Nursing: Nurturing Tomorrow's Leaders
"Little By Little, a little becomes a lot” – Tanzanian Proverb
Would you like to impact College of Nursing students?
Mary A. Maher founded the College of Nursing, and as our first Dean, she established and grew the UMass Nursing program by leaps and bounds. She was our fearless leader and she introduced the state’s first public higher institution baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs at UMass.
Dean Maher led by example and showed us that one person can make a difference. Today, you can create your own impact and legacy through the Mary Maher Monthly Giving Society.
Students will be thankful to receive:
- Scholarship Funds
- Emergency Funds for students who run into hard times
- Study Abroad and Research Funds
- Equipping our Simulation Lab with the latest techology
- Attending National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) conference
Why monthly giving?
- Convenience and ease of giving
- Building a legacy with your philanthropy
- Enabling students to have access to scholarships, research opportunities, and study abroad experiences
- Empowering our faculty to advance their research to develop solutions to widespread health issues
- Feeling an intimate connection with the College of Nursing
- Personal point of contact to help you with anything you need
- Ability to opt out at any time with no cancellation fee
“I give on a monthly basis for a few reasons. First of all, I loved my years at UMass Amherst and have many fond memories! I very much value the education I received and the career opportunities for which I was well prepared. It enabled me to support my family when faced with my husband’s illness, and a subsequent period of financial loss and hardship, as well as our desire to assist our daughter with her education and wedding, all while preparing for our eventual retirement. I am not in a position to make a large donation, but by setting up monthly giving, I am able to make a more substantial contribution over time to give back to the UMass Amherst College of Nursing.”
Mary Lussier-Cushing “Cooky” ‘76
How will you make an impact?
- $15 a month – could provide a stethoscope for a student to provide care
- $25 a month – could defray a student with travel costs getting to and from clinical
- $50 a month – could make a student’s dream of studying abroad in Australia a reality
- $75 a month – could offset the cost of textbooks for the year for a nursing student
- $100 a month – could allow a student to attend a career changing nursing conference
- Any monthly contribution – WILL make a difference in the lives of our nursing students
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Monat, Assistant Director of Development & Stewardship at (413) 545 – 5090 or BMonat@UMass.edu.