Institute of Diversity Sciences (IDS)
The Institute of Diversity Sciences (IDS) is a multidisciplinary unit that brings together faculty and students from UMass and the Five Colleges, Massachusetts educators from K-12 and community colleges, STEM leaders and practitioners in industry, government and non-profit sectors to:
- Promote multi-disciplinary research that involves science, engineering, and technology where the research questions target equity concerns
- Nurture the success of diverse students as they enter the STEM workforce through mentored research experience and opportunities to engage with STEM scientists and other STEM professionals from underrepresented groups
- Connect scientific research to social impact through public engagement and outreach in order to serve local, national, and international communities
All gifts to the Institute of Diversity Sciences are deeply appreciated. Gifts will be used to:
- support research projects on diversity, disparities, or equity, and to share that work with the public.
- fund mentored research opportunities for students, especially students who are underrepresented in science, engineering, and technology.
- bring external speakers from diverse backgrounds to campus whose professional work in STEM in academic, industry, government or non-profit sectors advances our knowledge of equity and diversity or has clear impact on social good.
- Support a 6-week online summer Leadership Academy for engineering & computer science students seeking to work in STEM industries
We are very grateful for your support. Together, we will work to advance equity through research-based solutions to societal problems in health, learning & work, and climate change.
To stay updated with latest activities, contact us to subscribe to our biannual E-Newsletter.
You can read previous and current E-Newsletters and view short videos highlighting the equity-inspired research our affiliates conduct and the impact of our programs on student education and career development here.